Monday, May 11, 2009

Stamp Out Hunger

Phew! You know those white bins that the post office uses to sort and carry mail? The Letter Carriers Association's "Stamp Out Hunger" food drive was this past Saturday; our intrepid Germantown letter carriers hauled in 100 bins of food! Germantown HELP rented a truck to transport all that food to the pantry. Howard Lichtman, Steve Maselko, and Suzanne Krall and son Sean came to load the truck. Around 6:30, seven boy scouts, eleven adults and a few other helpers sorted it all and squeezed it into the pantry. It was a big effort to pull it all off in a couple hours, thank you everyone!!

I meant to take pictures, I really did, but I just forgot. There was so much going on! I'm getting pretty good at driving trucks (this one was 17 feet, much easier than December's 24-footer to pick up Toys for Tots), but I still won't back one up without constant guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment